Sifu Gary started his training back in 1988. After studying various styles of both karate and Kung Fu, he became a student of Master Joe Maury in 2001. In 2002 he was accepted into Master Maury’s elite team and started helping with the Worcester school location. In 2003 he became one of the key instructors of the Worcester school. In 2005, he became the Chief Instructor and was awarded his 4th Level Black Sash in 2017.
Today with over 25 years of experience in martial arts, Sifu Gary is Chief Instructor of Kung Fu & Tai Chi Academy of New England.
Sifu Gary has been:
- Teacher of Tai Chi for over 10 years as Chief Instructor of his school,
- Host of the yearly World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day event in Worcester
- 2012 recipient of a proclamation from Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and
- 2012 Recipient of a proclamation from Worcester Mayor Joe Petty.
- He also teaches Tai Chi at several area Senior Citizen centers.
- New England Tai Chi Alliance Member
Sifu Gary is a strong supporter of martial arts awareness, lending his support volunteering and judging at several tournaments, instruction, demonstration and Chinese Lion Dance at local schools and colleges, including Worcester Public Schools After School Program.