Sije Cheyenne Lachapelle
Sije Cheyenne started her Kung Fu training just 2 months short of her 4th birthday after watching and imitating her Father during his training. After several years of consistently training on an average of 5 days a week, she became the schools youngest Black Sash at the tender age of 12, and is now a 2nd Level Black Sash. Her Sigung continually recognizes her undying dedication and training.
Sije Cheyenne graduated from Worcester Public Schools with High Honors and is now a Biology major at Clark University and was former Vice President of the Martial Arts Club. She is also a member of the Association of Women Martial Arts Instructors. Sije still trains and is an Instructor at the Auburn location.
Sije Cheyenne is also an avid martial arts competitor, with accomplishments including:
- starting with her first tournament at the age of 5
- at the age of 7 won Children’s Intermediate Grand Champion at The Worcester Classics Tournament,
- 2 years later taking home 4 Gold Medals at the W. Hartford International Chinese Martial Arts Tournament
- 2011 ICMAC – Boston (International Chinese Martial Arts Championship) Advanced Teen Girls Grand Champion
- 2014 ICMAC – Boston (International Chinese Martial Arts Championship) Advanced Teen Girls Grand Champion
- 2015 ICMAC – Boston (International Chinese Martial Arts Championship) Advanced Women Grand Champion
- 2016 ICMAC – Boston (International Chinese Martial Arts Championship) Advanced Women Grand Champion
- 2017 ICMAC – Boston (International Chinese Martial Arts Championship) Advanced Women Northern Grand Champion
- some 42+ other tournaments and scores of medals and trophies and still competing today!
Special Awards, Recognition, and Other Links
Recipient of the Helen Gee Shin Scholarship – The Helen Gee Chin Scholarship Foundation was founded on March 7, 2011, to honor the memory of Helen Gee Chin, wife of Sifu Chin of Calvin Chin’s Martial Arts Academy, Inc. Simo was the administrator at CCMAA for 15 years and was involved with preserving the history and promoting the practice of traditional Chinese martial arts.
Clark University Undergrad A Kung Fu Champion – Cheyenne Lachapelle successfully defends title at martial arts championship
Whistle Kick Martial Arts Radio – Podcast with Cheyenne Lachapelle